I’m a job seeker. What do I need to do to apply to jobs by sharing my resume on Job Bank?
Applying directly through Job Bank is a great way to simplify the application process and to make it easy for you. However, if you wish to apply to jobs by sharing your resume on Job Bank, you first need to complete a few steps:
Create a Plus account for Job Seeker
You will need a Plus account to apply by sharing your resume on Job Bank. To create one, follow these steps:
- Go to Job Bank for Job Seekers and click on "Sign up now!".
- Click on "Plus Account".
- Enter your email address and create a password. Click on "Continue".
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your email. Click on "Continue".
- Select and answer five security questions. Click on "Finish".
- Enter your personal information and check the "I agree" box. Click on "Finish".
Complete your job seeker’s profile
Once you’ve created your Plus account, it’s time to complete your profile with your abilities and preferences. To do so:
- Click on "Complete your profile" located under "Matches" on your dashboard.
- Fill out each section :
- Location & language
- Experience & skills
- Match settings
You can update the information entered at anytime under ‘’Profile settings’’ located under the ‘’Matches’’ tab. Make sure to keep your profile up to date if you gain new competencies. Here’s some help if needed to complete your profile.
Create a resume using the Resume Builder
Last but not least, you have to create a resume showcasing your interest and qualifications. The Resume Builder makes it easy. All you have to do is:
- Click on "Build new resume" located under the section "Resumes" on your dashboard.
- Enter a title to identify your resume.
- Select a language.
- Select a template. To learn more about which template you should use, click here.
- Click on "Preview" to see what each template looks like, then click on "Save" once you have made a choice.
- Choose to add, modify or hide any section to customize the content and tailor it to the job you want.
- Click on “Save” once your resume is completed.
You can build multiple resumes for different types of job that interest you and save them all in your account. This way, when the right opportunity comes up, you can share the appropriate resume.
- How can I apply by sharing my resume on Job Bank?
- Can I apply to every job postings by sharing my resume through Job Bank?
- Can employers have access to my personal information when I share my resume through Job Bank?
- Where can I see the resumes I shared to job postings I applied to on Job Bank?
- Can I withdraw my application once I’ve applied by sharing a resume on Job Bank?
- I’m a job seeker. What do I need to do to apply to jobs by sharing my resume on Job Bank?
- Do employers have access to my job seeker profile information when I share my resume through Job Bank?
- Can employers contact me directly on Job Bank after I’ve shared my resume?
- Once I apply to a job posting by sharing my resume, how quickly will the employer be able to see my resume?
- Date modified: