I don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?

If you don’t have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and want to access either Job Bank for Employers or Job Bank for Job Seekers, you should apply for a SIN.

If you are not eligible for a permanent SIN, here’s what you can do:

  • If you would like to be matched to jobs, you can apply for the Express Entry program. Your Express Entry credentials will allow you to create a user account and access Job Bank for Job Seekers. In the meantime, you can still access job postings and labour market information that are available on the Job Bank website to help you with your job search. You don’t need an account to apply for jobs.
  • If you would like to post jobs on Job Bank, you can designate a representative to act on your behalf. If the employer's business is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency, you can ask a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to access Job Bank for Employers and post jobs for the company. You may still be the person managing the screening process, but you cannot create a user account and log into it to post jobs.

Was this answer helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: