How can I improve my work experience section using the Resume Builder?
The Work Experience section is probably the most important section of your resume. To improve this section, you can:
- Use industry standard job titles that reflect the jobs you’ve held and match your skill level. Don’t go creative; be generic and honest. Your position titles should describe what you’ve done and what you’re capable of doing.
- Import job duties for any job title. When you look up a job title, you can select any of the recommended job duties and add them altogether to your resume in one click.
- Use bullet points to list your key responsibilities, and arrange them by relevance. The qualifications you want to draw focus on should be placed at the top of the list.
- Use the Description boxes to put a personal spin on your work experiences. Provide specific examples that highlight your achievements.
- Hide your oldest and least relevant jobs. Only show the work experiences and credentials that are most relevant to the position you are applying for.
For more tips, read about how to write a good resume.
- Date modified: